What is this drug used for?
– It is used to lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol (HDL).
– It is used to lower triglycerides.
Frequently reported side effects of this drug
– Common cold symptoms
Other side effects of this drug: Talk with your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of:
– Liver problems like dark urine, fatigue, lack of appetite, nausea, abdominal pain, light-colored stools, vomiting, or yellow skin
– Unable to pass urine
– Change in amount of urine passed
– Muscle pain
– Muscle tenderness
– Muscle weakness
– Signs of a significant reaction like wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Note: This is not a comprehensive list of all side effects. Talk to your doctor if you have questions.
(ez ET i mibe & SIM va stat in)
Medication Safety Issues
Vytorin may be confused with Vyvanse
Storage and Stability
Store at 20?C to 25?C (68?F to 77?F).
Also see individual agents.
Central nervous system: Headache
Hepatic: Increased serum ALT
Neuromuscular & skeletal: Limb pain, myalgia, myopathy
Respiratory: Upper respiratory infection