Emtricitabine and Tenofovir Alafenamide Information
em trye SYE ta been & ten OF oh vir al a FEN a mide
What is this drug used for?
– It is used to treat HIV infection.
Frequently reported side effects of this drug
Other side effects of this drug: Talk with your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of:
– Kidney problems like unable to pass urine, blood in the urine, change in amount of urine passed, or weight gain
– Liver problems like dark urine, fatigue, lack of appetite, nausea, abdominal pain, light-colored stools, vomiting, or yellow skin
– Lactic acidosis like fast breathing, fast heartbeat, abnormal heartbeat, vomiting, fatigue, shortness of breath, severe loss of strength and energy, or severe dizziness, feeling cold, or muscle pain or cramps
– Signs of a significant reaction like wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Storage and Stability
Store below 30?C (86?F). Dispense in original container.
Also see individual agents.
Central nervous system: Headache
Endocrine & metabolic: Increased serum triglycerides
Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, diarrhea, fatigue, nausea
Hepatic: Exacerbation of hepatitis B
Neuromuscular & skeletal: Decreased bone mineral density
Postmarketing: Angioedema, skin rash, urticaria