Lamivudine and Tenofovir Disoproxil Information
la MI vyoo deen & ten OF oh vir dye soe PROX il FUE ma rate
What is this drug used for?
– It is used to treat HIV infection.
Possible side effects
Lamivudine and Tenofovir Disoproxil may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, call your doctor immediately or get emergency medical treatment:
– Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
– Signs of kidney problems like unable to pass urine, change in how much urine is passed, blood in the urine, or a big weight gain.
– Signs of liver problems like dark urine, feeling tired, not hungry, upset stomach or stomach pain, light-colored stools, throwing up, or yellow skin or eyes.
– Signs of too much lactic acid in the blood (lactic acidosis) like fast breathing, fast heartbeat, a heartbeat that does not feel normal, very bad upset stomach or throwing up, feeling very sleepy, shortness of breath, feeling very tired or weak, very bad dizziness, feeling cold, or muscle pain or cramps.
– Signs of a pancreas problem (pancreatitis) like very bad stomach pain, very bad back pain, or very bad upset stomach or throwing up.
– Bone pain.
– Muscle pain or weakness.
– Pain in arms or legs.
– Change in body fat.
– Low mood (depression).
– Changes in your immune system can happen when you start taking drugs to treat HIV. If you have an infection that you did not know you had, it may show up when you take this drug. Tell your doctor right away if you have any new signs after you start this drug, even after taking it for several months. This includes signs of infection like fever, sore throat, weakness, cough, or shortness of breath.
Medication Safety Issues
High alert medication:
This medication is in a class the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) includes among its list of drug classes that have a heightened risk of causing significant patient harm when used in error.
Storage and Stability
Store at 20?C to 25?C (68?F to 77?F); excursions permitted to 15?C to 30?C (59?F to 86?F).
See individual agents.